Junior High School
WCM Junior High School Program typically follow on from the WCM Elementary School and lead into tertiary education.
The department aims to prepare them for Senior High School and to develop them to be advocates of social change for nation building.
- Improve student achievement: Continue to strive for 90% proficiency and 40% mastery on all assessments in order to prepare students to be college and career ready.
- Increase opportunities that promote physical, social, and emotional safety and wellness in our school community.
- Foster tolerance and respect needed for a diverse world through positive social interactions with parents, students, staff, and community.
- Provide the students with skills for coping with everyday pressure.
- Encourage students to respect differences among their peers.
- Encourage open communication between the school and the home.
- Stimulate a career awareness in students.
- Develop decision-making skills of students.
- Provide the opportunity for students to learn and utilize independent study skills.
- Provide the opportunity for students to develop good citizenship skills.
- Recognize that reading, writing, and computing are skills basic to success in our
society and that the teaching of them is not restricted to any one academic
discipline, but is rather a shared responsibility of students and teachers.
- Assist the development of academic, social, aesthetic, emotional, and physical skills.
- Encourage students to become increasingly self-directing, moving from dependent
childhood to self-actuating adolescence.